Fuel Card Team - Customer Service and Sales - Westhaven Auckland
Petroleum Logistics Ltd owns and operates the largest on-the-water fuel station network in New Zealand. We provide fuel, via marina fuel stations as well as by bulk tanker and mini tanker delivery in selected areas. We provide GOfuel Mobil, BP and Z discounted fuel cards to motorists, and we are a lubricants supplier. GOfuel is 100% kiwi owned and operated.
We are looking for a team member, who is highly organised with good computer skills, has an excellent phone manner and attention to detail being key attributes.
This role has two main areas of focus: Fuel Card Administration - including some debtor control work when required; and Sales and Customer Service. The purpose of the role is to help ensure that our objectives for growth, customer service, and efficiency are met by providing prompt, accurate and customer friendly service in those areas.
Key Behaviours and Skills:
- Customer Service: You will be the first point of phone contact for FuelCard customer service. Customer service skills will be necessary including the ability to resolve customer problems in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Communication Skills: A big part of sales is communication. You will need to be a good listener and speaker, to help customers and potential customers to understand our products and services.
- Administration: You will need to handle information and administrative tasks in an accurate and reasonably speedy manner. This means you must have good keyboard skills and be at least an intermediate level user of standard office IT products, including databases.
- Team Skills: We expect you to be a team player; that is, to be open, communicative and co-operative and willing to help solve problems in a positive manner when they arise.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Fuel Card Administration
- Assisting customers and GOfuel sales team
- Processing of new account applications
- Maintaining customer database
- Loading of PPSR’s against customers
- Credit checks on customers
- Cancelling and re-issuing fuel cards
- Responding to customer requirements
- Archiving and Filing
- General administration duties as and when required
- Contribute and grow sales through telephone sales and promotions
- Contacting customers to regain business or upsell other GOfuel products/services
- Contact overdue accounts and manage debtor list when required
- Carry out any administrative tasks related to the role as required ensuring that work is completed to the required standard and timeframe.
- Ensure that the confidentiality of data, client and company information is maintained at all times by adhering to the company’s policies and procedures relating to information security and the use of information technology (software, devices, security features)
- Deal with any disagreements or disputes in a manner that generates resolutions and ensures, wherever possible, that client, contractor, external provider, or co-worker relationships remain harmonious and conducive to efficiency.
- Ensure that the company’s behaviour standards are maintained at all times and all company policies and procedures are complied with.
Hours of work
- Full time Job position – 40 hours per week, (MON to FRI – 8.00am to 5.00pm)
Due to the dynamic nature of our work and businesses, the tasks and responsibilities noted in this role description may well change from time to time, to meet the needs of the organisations and businesses we support. it is expected that the person in the role is prepared for changes to the role and this description of it, from time to time. Any ‘material’ changes will be mutually agreed between the parties and noted in writing.
If you want to be part of an agile, growing company and a fun, high-performing team, send your CV and cover letter to:
Tom Sherborne - Chief Commercial Manager
Phone: 027 227 2737