Castrol Axle Limited Slip 85W-140
(REPLACES LSX 85W-140)
Mineral based gear oil for use in limited differentials in cars and commercial vehicles where API GL-5 performance is required; also suitable for use in conventional differentials.
May be recommended for use in differentials, gear boxes, and steering gears of many cars, trucks, farm machinery, earthmoving and excavating machinery requiring a hypoid lubricant.
It is particularly recommended for conventional hypoid differentials where the differential is operating with very high loads.
The higher level of extreme pressure and limited slip additives give added wear protection in both conventional and limited slip hypoid differentials.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Very good anti-wear and load carrying performance even under high load conditions prolongs component life.
- High film strength – providing protection against wear.
- Thermally stable additive chemistry – less sludge and cleaner gears.
- Anti-weld – high tooth loadings can be tolerated.
- API Service Classification GL-5
- SAE J306 Viscosity Classification 85W-140
- US MIL-PRF-2105E (SAE J2360)
- Ford M-2C-1013A
- Mack GO-J
- Limited slip applications